A few of my favourite things
Sarah shares her favourite things this week, which may be small, but they make a big difference to her. What are yours? If you support someone do you know what theirs are?
Hello, I was chatting with Sian, who helps me with the more technical parts of the vlog each week, about the things that make us feel good. There are of course the obvious things like family, friends and health. But we agreed that there are also things like getting your hair cut and nice meals out that help us feel good about ourselves and life in general. These things may seem small, but in fact they do make a big difference.
So, I thought I’d share with you my top five things that make me feel happy.
- Slippers – I absolutely love slippers and one of the benefits of working from home is that I can legitimately now wear them to work.
- My husband’s stir fry, it’s a Thai stir fry – this was the meal that I always requested when I came home from travelling around the country. I now insist that it’s cooked on a Thursday – would have been Friday but that’s Pizza night. We’re such creatures of habit.
- The cold – I don’t like being cold I just like it when it is cold, and I can wear big jumpers and warm coats. That might be a throwback to my childhood growing up in North Wales where we had lots of snow.
- Going out for breakfast – my love of this started when I used to meet my friend and her daughter when I lived in London, with my girls at the Crossways cafe in Nunhead. And finally,
- Early morning coffee outside my tent – there’s nothing better than waking up and sitting in the early morning sun with a cup of coffee – now some of you may say yes, but on a balcony in a hotel or by a pool, but for me it will always be outside my tent.
For those us working in social care do we know the top five things that make the people we support happy, and if not it’s about time we found out.
Have a great weekend, bye.