Find support near you
Richmond and Wandsworth supported employment
With the right support at the right time, you can gain the confidence to find work. And we're here to make sure that happens.
We work with the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames and Wandsworth Council to support people with autism, learning disabilities, mental health needs, physical disabilities and sensory impairments to gain and keep paid employment.
We can support you to:
- write your CV and fill out application forms
- search for jobs that match your skills
- prepare for interviews and attend with you, if you need support
- work with employers to make adjustments to the interview process
- identify changes or adjustments at your work
- understand your rights as an employee or volunteer.
How we work with you
We focus on supporting you with your work goals, which might mean working part-time, full-time or doing voluntary work. Whatever your goal, we can help you at your pace.
If you're currently off sick or struggling with work, we can also support you to keep your job. We'll work with you and your employer to find the best solution.
We are person-centred in our approach, so we always put people's wishes and aspirations at the centre of our support.
We always remain positive and help you through the ups and downs of finding work. Sometimes things don't go your way, and that's ok. It's how you pick yourself up and keep moving forward that counts. We see your potential and it's our job to help you show your skills to potential employers.
We will treat you with dignity, with patience and understanding. Because when you are successful in getting a job, it will be a great feeling - for you, and for us.
Becca supports me and helps me go through what I’m going to say at an interview. A week before, she helped me to find my way to the company and I got to meet the team before the interview. Shiu-Ming
How we can help
- We will work with you to write an individual support plan with goals and timescales.
- We will look at your work goals and provide support to develop your skills. This could mean doing work trials, work experience, education, training or voluntary work.
- We run job clubs so that you can meet others who may be looking for work.
- We will signpost you to organisations or resources to support particular needs.
- We will provide flexible support depending on where you are on your employment journey.
It’s better to be working. You can make friends in the workplace; earn your own money and you are constantly learning more skills. Shiu-Ming
Shiu-Ming already has a job but our team at Richmond and Wandsworth supported employment are helping him achieve his longer-term ambitions.Read more
The best part about my role is seeing people’s confidence grow. Becca, employment service coordinator
Managing a supported employment service in Richmond and Wandsworth, Becca is passionate about work opportunities being available to everyone.Read more
Where we meet
We can meet you at a location that is convenient for you. Whether it's a cafe, library or college, we'll make sure it's a place you feel comfortable to talk.
We can support you if you live in the London Boroughs of Richmond Upon Thomas or Wandsworth and have autism, a learning disability, mental health needs, a sensory impairment or a physical disability.
You can contact us directly or speak to your Learning Disability or Mental Health Team.
Make a referral by downloading this form or completing the online referral below.